[Published articles can be found at https://osu.academia.edu/TorsaGhosal]
Publications in Peer-Reviewed Journals
- (forthcoming) “At Hand—Handwriting as a Device for Spatial Orientation in S” in Poetics Today (2017), Special Issue on Multimodal Media.
- “Books with Bodies: Narrative Progression in Books with Bodies Illustrated with Chris Ware’s Building Stories” in Storyworlds: A Journal of Narrative Studies (Spring 2015)
- “Strikethrough Calcutta: Poetics and Politics of Interruption in Satyajit Ray’s and Mrinal Sen’s Calcutta Trilogies” in South Asian Review (Spring 2015)
- “UnProjections: Worlds under Erasure in Contemporary Hollywood Films” in Media-N: Journal of the New Media Caucus (Spring 2015).
- “A World of Sin,” co-authored with Christopher Gonzalez and Frederick Luis Aldama, in Post Script 33.3 (Summer 2014)
- “Empathic Cross-Fires: Latinos in Bollywood…Bollywood in Latinolandia” in Latinos and Narrative Media (Palgrave MacMillan, 2013)
- (forthcoming) “Baar Baar Sakhi: Queer Temporalities of Sakhya in Performance,” co-authored with Kaustavi Sarkar, in Friendship as Social Justice Activism (U of Chicago P and Seagull, 2017). Available for pre-order here.
- “Interactive Fiction, Unnatural” in the Dictionary of Unnatural Narratology, published by the Narrative Research Lab at Aarhus University, Denmark
- Review of Malik Sajad’s Munnu: a boy from Kashmir (comics), in South Asian Popular Culture (Autumn 2016)
- Open Couplets: A Novel (Yoda Press, India, 2017)
- “Chasing the Northern Lights” in The Hindu BLink [Fiction]
- “Authors as Romantic Heroes: Maitreyi Devi and Mircea Eliade” in Papercuts [Reportage]
- “The Most Important Thing about a Woman is Her Clothes” in The Ladies Finger [Reportage]
- “Jatra” in Poydras Review [Fiction]
- “Threading” and “Sparkling Wine Kind of a Girl” in Mandala Journal: U of Georgia[Fiction]
- “For Magic Flower in Amer Fort, Jaipur” in Unsplendid [Poem]
- “Pratima” in Himal Southasian [Fiction, excerpt from Open Couplets]
- “Stray Ghazal” and “Herstories” in Muse India (Issue 60, Mar-Apr 2015) [Poems]
- “Bata Shoe Museum, Toronto” in British Council and Sampad’s In the Museum Anthology, 2014 [Poem]
- “Clay Love” and “Insomnia” in Muse India (Issue 30, Jul-Aug 2010) [Poems]
- “Vermillion” in Truth About the Fact, 2009 [Poem]
- Broken Narratives: 1st Graduate Student Conference at Ohio State University, October 2014
As Panel Organizer
- Co-organizer of “Digital Poetics and the Multimodal Novel” at International Conference on Narrative, June 2016
- Co-organizer of “Book-Objects: Narratological Approaches to the Multimodal Novel” at International Conference on Narrative, March 2015
- Co-organizer of “Creativity, Inc.: Intellectual Production as Capital” at American Comparative Literature Association, March 2014
- “Shape of Cognition in Typographical Fictions” at International Conference on Narrative, Amsterdam, June 2016
- “Digital Poetics and Disability in Typographical Fictions” at Popular Culture Association of Canada’s annual conference, Montreal, May 2016
- “Handwriting as a Device for Spatial Orientation” at International Conference on Narrative, Chicago, March 2015
- “Cutting and Piecing Stories: Narrative Progression and Affordances of Print Media” at International Conference on Narrative, MIT, March 2014
- “Rags, Slush, and Ice-Cream Gnomes: Materializing as Characterization in John Ashbery’s Ekphrasis after Henry Darger” at American Comparative Literature Association, NYU, March 2014
- “Information Affects: Encoded Narrative and Narrated Codes in Margaret Atwood’s Oryx and Crake,” at American Comparative Literature Association, April 2013.
- “‘poems on long scrolls of computer paper’: Technology and Narration in Catalog Poetry,” at Poiesis and Techne (Annual Graduate Student Comparative Poetics Colloquium), Princeton University, May 2012.
- “‘An idea is like a virus: Digital Technology and Denarration in Contemporary Cinema,” at International Conference on Narrative, Las Vegas, March 2012