[Published articles can be read at https://osu.academia.edu/TorsaGhosal]
Publications in Peer-Reviewed Journals
- (forthcoming) “Shapes of Cognition in Typographical Fictions” in Studies in the Novel (2019).
- (forthcoming) “At Hand—Handwriting as a Device for Spatial Orientation in S” in Poetics Today (2019), Special Issue on Multimodal Media.
- “Books with Bodies: Narrative Progression in Books with Bodies Illustrated with Chris Ware’s Building Stories” in Storyworlds: A Journal of Narrative Studies (Spring 2015)
- “Strikethrough Calcutta: Poetics and Politics of Interruption in Satyajit Ray’s and Mrinal Sen’s Calcutta Trilogies” in South Asian Review (Spring 2015)
- “UnProjections: Worlds under Erasure in Contemporary Hollywood Films” in Media-N: Journal of the New Media Caucus (Spring 2015).
- “A World of Sin,” co-authored with Christopher Gonzalez and Frederick Luis Aldama, in Post Script 33.3 (Summer 2014)
- “The Page is Local: Planetarity and Embodied Metaphor in Anglophone Graphic Narratives from South Asia” in Comics Studies Here and Now (Routledge, 2018).
- “Baar Baar Sakhi: Queer Temporalities of Sakhya in Performance,” co-authored with Kaustavi Sarkar, in Friendship as Social Justice Activism (U of Chicago P and Seagull, 2018). Available for pre-order here.
- “Empathic Cross-Fires: Latinos in Bollywood…Bollywood in Latinolandia” in Latinos and Narrative Media (Palgrave MacMillan, 2013)
- “Interactive Fiction, Unnatural” in the Dictionary of Unnatural Narratology, published by the Narrative Research Lab at Aarhus University, Denmark
- Review of Malik Sajad’s Munnu: a boy from Kashmir (comics), in South Asian Popular Culture (Autumn 2016)